Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday Funnies


Me: "Sidge could you please get some plates out for dinner?"
Sidge: "No thank you."
Me: "Well, yes, I need you to get them."
Sidge: "But you asked me!"
Me: "I know. But what do you think I really meant?"
Sidge: "That I should?"

*****

While putting the kids to bed the night before my triathlon, I reminded them that I wouldn't see them in the morning.
Me: "I'm going to be leaving very early for my race. But because it is supposed to rain, you guys are going to stay home with Daddy."
Sidge: "I hope you don't finish last Mommy."
Me: "I know Sidge, but if I do, that's okay. I'm just doing it to have fun."
Sidge: "I know."
Me: "And someone has to finish last."
Sidge: "Yeah. I just hope it isn't you."

*****

We often sing a song to Abigail. It's a variation of Chantilly Lace. We sing "Abigail Grace and the pretty face, the piggy tails hanging down, she giggles when she walks and she wiggles when she talks. She makes the world go ro-ro-round. Anything nothing in the world like our blue-eyed girl to make us act so funny, make us spend our money. Make us feel real loose like a long-necked goose. Oh baby she's the one I love."

So yesterday I was having Abigail practice saying her first name.

Me: "What's your name?"
Abigail: "Abigail."
Me: "Abigail what?"
Abigail: "Abigail Grace."
Me: "Abigail Grace what?"
Abigail: "Abigail Grace pretty face."
Yikes! Not good.

No comments: