One year later, we celebrated as our little man turned one.
The following year, a second birthday celebration.
And today, we celebrate three years with our son. This is a special day. And it is also a day he shares with his birthmom, Bri. Today she turns 21, and the child she gave life to turns three. Isaac is still a very calm and mild little boy. He is laid back and soft-spoken. He is our oldest son and always will be the child who brought an end to years of infertility grief in our hearts.
It is impossible to list all the things Isaac is doing at three-years-old. It truly feels as if the sky is the limit.
- Sings the entire ABC song.
- Can count to 10 and sometimes higher in both Turkish and English.
- Has an unlimited vocabulary but still makes us laugh as he puts new sayings together.
- Is still a little on the shy side.
- Prefers to play by himself or with his brother on most occasions. Sometimes joins in with a group of kids but still not a huge fan of large groups.
- Loves to play outside.
- Loves to color with markers.
- Is a great jumper and balancer. As of today, he'd make a great gymnast.
- Loves movies and TV of all kinds.
- Has started giving us huge hugs regularly.
- Still prefers Daddy over Mommy on most occasions.
- Has started dressing and undressing himself but mostly still uses Mom and Dad.
- Totally potty-trained #1; afraid of #2 on potty.
We'll have his party next weekend. But for now, a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY to both Isaac and his birthmom Bri. We love you little guy.