Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday Funnies

Sidge: "Mom, I love you."
Me: "I love you too."
Sidge: "I love you too 'finity."
Me: "That's sweet."
Sidge: "Finity is forever. Space is 'finity too."

*****

Sidge: (referring to the fact that when you lay in one position for a long time your muscles get tight) "Mom, when I go to sleep for a long time, I get suck together!"

*****

Me: "Who spilled that cup of water?"
Isaac: "Abigail. She thought I was invisible and that was my invisible cup of water."

*****

Sidge: "Everytime I pull down my pants, my underwear fall down too. Does that happen to you sometimes too Mom?"

*****

Sidge: "Is Hannah going to have a baby?"
Me: "When she grows up and get married, she might decide to have a baby."
Sidge: "I think I am going to marry Hannah."
Me: "Well, you can't marry Hannah."
Sidge: "Why?"
Me: "Brothers don't marry sisters."
Sidge: "How do we get married?"
Me: "Well we go to church and then we are married."
Sidge: "And then we dance?'

*****

A conversation with Sidge:

Me: "I don't want you to grow up."
Sidge: "Why?"
Me: "Because I want you to be my little boy forever."
Sidge: "Yeah."
Me: "When you grow up, will you get a job?"
Sidge: "Yeah. Me and Daddy are going to be farmers together."
Me: "Will you stay at my house?"
Sidge:  "Of course Mommy."
Me: "Will you sleep in this same bed with Isaac?"
Sidge: "Well, there's one problem."
Me: "What's the problem?"
Sidge: "Isaac and me can't fit in one bed."
Me: "No, you can have different beds, like you do know. But you'd share a room."
Sidge: "So I'd stay in this same bed?"
Me: "Yeah. Is that okay?"
Sidge: "Well Mom ... there's one problem."
Me: "What's the problem?"
Sidge: "Well, when I get big, my feet would hang off of this bed."
Me: "No. You won't get that big. I mean, look at Mommy. I'm big, and my feet don't hang off the bed."
Sidge: "Oh. Okay. Yeah."
Me: "Sidge. Are you crying?"
Sidge: "A little."
Me: "Why?"
Sidge: "I can't help it. I can't stop the crying."
Me: "It's okay to cry. That's not bad."
Sidge: "Yeah. I know."
Me: " But why are you crying?"
Sidge: "Because in The Hobbit Gandalf the wizard left the dwarves and the hobbit."
Me: "Oh. Okay. Well, let me go get Daddy."
Sidge: "No. Don't get him."
Me: "But Sidge, I haven't read The Hobbit so I don't know how it goes to tell you not to be sad."
Sidge: "Daddy knows."
Me: "Yeah. He's been reading it to you every night so he knows. I'll get him."
Sidge: "I don't want you tell him I was crying."
Me: "Okay. I'll just tell him to give you a hug."
Sidge: "Okay. Thanks Mom."

No comments: