Thursday, February 18, 2010

Joni is here!

I picked up Joan from the airport this morning. Since she was flying into Pensacola, Joia watched the kiddos for me! What a blessing that was. Pensacola is about 1:15 minutes from here so avoiding that round trip with them in the car made it all the more smooth.

Joan's been settling in to some beautiful weather. A bit chilly when the sun is down, but when it is up, what sunny times! I even got a run in and we took the boys to the park. I am excited about Joan's visit this time because the weather is good AND the boys are healthy! We'll be able to do so many fun things that I am intimidated to do by myself. There is a big difference in playing man-to-man defense and playing zone. Taking the boys somewhere solo can be daunting with Elijah's propensity for exploration. But with Joni watching one and me watching the other, well, it's a completely different experience as you can imagine.

John is leaving for Utah tomorrow morning. This is really the first time that he has left the boys since Eljiah was born. I've left town for nights and we went to Mexico, but this is his first time leaving us behind. I actually think he's going to miss this chaos!

Stay tuned for, as always when Joni comes in town, tons of photos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is so nice to have such close friends that treat you like family.
Glad that she made it alright. Have fun this week. Hopefully the weather will stay nice. I love the pictures of the boys in their boots.