Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Boo at the Zoo (with a great new friend!)

You hope, when you move to a new place, that you'll make new friends. But it is hard. Over a year ago, I happened to be assigned to work in the preschool class at church, and I was paired up with Cara. I thought: "I like that girl." And then we happened to join the same "Life Group" (Bible Study). She's just a cool gal, and we have a lot in common. So this past week we teamed up at "Boo at the Zoo" at the local Zoo here. It was rainy, but we had a great time! Here you go:

Cara with her husband Brandon and their adorable little Eden.








The night before we had had a blast at the Homeschool's "Trunk or Treat." So with alllll that candy it was time to separate it all. We put it all in one pile and let the kids go around and pick their favorites. This assures that everyone has an even amount. We tried to get our Dutch wwofer, Tymen, to eat candy, but he stayed strong. But we did have fun giving Veronica some of her favorites and Duygu a sampling of American candies:






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a sweet post. Love our memories of the zoo, and love that our families do life together :) I also love that I have to click "I am not a robot" overtime I leave a comment!