Saturday, April 15, 2017

I am so excited about these weekly Blog post from Amanda -- our chaplain's wife when I lived in Turkey. These"Military Moments" posts allow her to discuss and share ideas and stories from military life. 


My parents are visiting us in Spain this week. They've only been here three days and we've gone to another continent, ridden camels, a ferry, and in the back of a police car.  We are heading off on another adventure today, so I'm leaving you guys with a quote I recently read.  

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -- Ambrose Redmoon

We are going to Normandy next week. I have been reading about the invasion and  trying to understand exactly what happened there and exactly what that kind of courage looks like. I saw this quote and it seemed to fit. They judged that stopping the evil was more important than the fear they had to have been feeling. I'm trying to prepare myself for the emotions right now, but I'm sure there will be a lot of crying.

Well, I'll be back next week with some of what we've experienced in Spain this week with Semana Santa (Holy Week).  Cultural differences I'm so blessed to be able to experience.  Have a great week!"

Opinions expressed in guest posts are not necessarily those of the station manager (i.e. Wendi!)

No comments: