Friday, February 10, 2017

Visiting my friend (the nun)

One of my closest friends is a nun. I don't write details of her name or life on my Blog, but I write her regularly, we talk on the phone when she is allowed, and I visit her whenever I am able. To see more about the covent she is associated with, you can click here. She is actually the godmother to all of our children. (In a spiritual sense as, because she is Catholic and we are protestant, it can't be formal.)

For this visit, she was only permitted one hour, and it went WAY TOO FAST. Oh how I love this woman. I love how much past we have together, and how even though we don't get to see each other often, our time is just so, so sweet. 

After our visit, we went into the prayer chapel for thirty minutes of prayers, after which I got to give her one more hug.

I drove to Nashville (where she is based) with Sidge and Isaac. It's a four hour drive, but we did a few other things while we were there. We stayed overnight at my cousin Josh's house with his family and then met JB's brother Ray and his family for breakfast, and then we headed back home. 

My spirit is so built up when I get this time with this wonderful lady. What a blessing.


No comments: