Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Review: CHSH-Teach.com

Christian HomeSchool Hub {Download Club}

When it comes to homeschooling and what to use, there is SO much good stuff out there. There is also SO much stuff that is not good. I'm always looking for good sites that I can add to our curriculum in problem areas easily. We found some great resources to add to our homeschool curriculum with the CHSH Download Club from CHSH-Teach.com! I am always excited when I get to review a product that basically allows me to use it as I see best. And that is exactly what this product does. 

CHSH-Teach.com was created in 2010 by Lynda Ackert who was a Christian former teacher turned homeschool mom. To summarize CHSH-Teach.com in just a few words, I will tell you that it is offers download "freebies". These are things that you can download and use on your computer or print out for your student. These are not hard to download. Anyone can do it. A few clicks of the buttons and you have the product ready to use.
The downloads are separated into category. These categories include things like:
  • Bible Related Resources
  • Languages
  • Arts, Music, & Crafts
  • Language Arts
  • Math
  • Science
  • Social Studies
  • Electives
  • Health
You can also choose to peruse by grade level. These levels include:
  • Preschool/Kindergarten
  • 1st-3rd Grades
  • 4th-8th Grades
  • 9th-12th Grades
Once you click on one of the links shown above you go into another section with tons of choices. You can then download and pick and choose what will work for your family

Here are just a few of the things I used. I tried quite a few things but want to show just two examples:

The first thing I did was download a packet for Abigail who is in Pre-K and doing a lot of writing now. (A small side note. I don't really think you need to start writing with kids prior to kindergarten. However Abigail is a July birthday, technically old enough to start kindergarten and anxious to do stuff. So for her, we do it.) 

I simply printed the packet off on the computer and put it on the dining room table and had her get out her packet everyday and do a few pages. It was great: Here she is working through her packet:


And here is another example. The kids have been learning Spanish. I printed off a few fun vocabulary sheets and taped them up around the house so we could practice some new words. So simple to do!


These are just two of what could be hundreds (and maybe even thousands?) of examples of what is available on the CHSH-Teach.com website. There truly is not much of a limit to what you can find. The photo below provides just a small smattering of examples:
Christian HomeSchool Hub {Download Club}

If I could come up with one "complaint" about the downloads is that I would love a graphic-less option for some of the downloads. We all know how much toner costs, and I feel that some of them, while colorful and exciting, had a lot of extra "stuff" on the pages which meant I had to choose between not printing them or spending a ton on ink. I already usually print in black and white, but even then, I like to avoid large patches of black or grey.

(Again, VERY minor complaint. I am sure most parents would prefer the colorful options! But I am a cheapskate.) 

Christian HomeSchool Hub {Download Club}

Christian HomeSchool Hub {Download Club}

This product is incredibly affordable. It is simply $25 a year. However, you also have the option to purchase a lifetime membership which is a great option. 

Check this group out if you are looking for some fun additions to your homeschool curriculum. You won't be disappointed. 
Christian HomeSchool Hub {Download Club}
Crew Disclaimer

No comments: