Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Funnies

Sidge asked me if God was the "Prince of peas."

*****

While sitting in the van, waiting for Daddy to look at a truck we may buy, Sidge asked me if he could honk the horn like Isaac had just accidentally done. I told him no. We were parked in front of houses and we didn't want to disturb them.
Sidge: "Pleaseeeeee Mom? Just once?"
Me: "No. It's too loud."
Sidge: "What would happen if I did it?"
Me: "Well, we'd have to use discipline."
Sidge: "Like what?"
Me: "Probably a spanking."
Sidge: "All right. Just go ahead and give me the spanking. I really want to honk the horn."
Me: "Okay then. Bigger punishment. No legos for a whole day."
Sidge: "Oh, mannnnn."

*****

Abigail was in the car. Her shoes were off and I asked her why. "Those boys threw them at me!" she said, pointing to her brothers behind her.

"Well, how did they get your shoes?" I asked her.

"I threw the shoes at those boys!" she replied.

*****

Sidge: "Mom, you said I will always be your baby. If that is true, than Daddy is one big baby."

*****

I told the kids to make sure to hang onto the cart while we were crossing the street of the grocery store parking lot. "Put your hand on the cart," I said. Sidge replied by saying, "I can't mom. It's attached."

*****

Sidge: "I could see into that building Mom. But not because I have x-ray vision. The building had windows."

*****

I asked the boys to share the water bottle they were sharing with each other, with Abigail in the middle row of the van. They both got quite upset. "I don't understand what the difference is between sharing with your brother and sharing with your sisters?" I asked.
Isaac: "Abigail's spit tastes different."

*****

At Disney, Hannah loved sitting on Daddy's shoulders and rubbing his bald head. Cracked us up:



Hannah got pretty sick this week. (Seven new teeth at the same time probably contributed to the germs from mouthing everything.) She wouldn't eat or drink much of anything so JB decided to do something we've never done and give her a popsicle. And not any popsicle! A chocolate covered banana popsicle. Hannah loved it and demonstrates clearly the furrowed brow she gives to us when she is unhappy. (She also gives this to ANY stranger who talks to her without permission.)

1 comment:

DDT said...

Just wanted to mention that you wrote that Abigail has been sick, but I believe you meant to write Hannah.