Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Public Service Announcement


My husband posted this on his Facebook page. It was too funny not to share -- especially considering he is a doctor who gives me medication "lectures" regularly. (He negates to inform the population that he took four of these things.) Also remembering the time, during my IVF journey, that I accidentally took the pill of a houseguest (anti-depressant) instead of my required estrogen pill. Not so funny when you are the one doing it!

One of these pills is a generic Ibuprofen. One of these pills is a generic laxative. Both pills come in similar sized and shaped bottles. When you wake up with a sore neck at midnight after not sleeping in your own bed for two weeks, please make sure you turn on the lights and read the label instead of assume you grabbed the correct bottle from your well-stocked, travel medication pack, or you could wake up at three in the morning to realize your mistake. This has been a public service announcement from your family medicine doctor who now has first-hand knowledge of how easy it is to make medication errors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen

TAV said...

This is amazing!!!! Definitely too funny not to share. I even want to share it with my patients :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Go for it Tara!