Monday, March 10, 2014

Not a good idea Miley


So firstly, this girl, Miley, spelled there wrong in this sentence. Not a good start in proving her point.

Secondly, I don't think she understands that approximately 17% of those in the military are officers. Officers are military members with a college degree.

(My husband for instance).

Hmmmm Miley. Not going so good for you right now.

Thirdly, I am not sure she is aware that some individuals with a college degree still choose to enter the military as an enlisted individual. 

Another point against her.

Fourthly, I wonder if Miley knows that many people join the military in order to pay for college. Several hundred military personnel do this every year. They earn their college degree while working full-time.

I am sure, to Miley's defense, that there are some dumb people in the military.

But there are also dumb people named Miley. 

So let's call it even and move on.


5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I agree with you!! However, not only officers have college degrees. Many, many, many enlisted personnel also have degrees. Some earn them while on active duty, others already have them when they enlist. My father earned his while on active duty, however my brother enlisted after graduating from college.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Kathleen, not sure if you read that .... I mention that middle way down -- that many enlisted choose to be enlisted even with college degrees.

Kathleen said...

Sorry! Guess that just proves I don't have a college degree! :) I read it, but evidently not too closely.

I love reading your blog, and living vicariously thru you. I would love to spend a couple years living in the various countries you have.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

It's been a great adventure Kathleen ... but I am so ready to go home!

sarah said...

I joined the army to pay for college, and I am about 6 months from my LPN, and hopefully a couple years max to my RN. Such childish comments.