Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Funnies


Me: "Oh! Are you Spider Ninja?"
Sidge: "No Mom. I'm Ninja Spider."

*****

Shortly after the above discussion regarding Ninjas, Sidge picked up a sword and told me he needed  to take it to Elijah Storey's house for Bible Study. I told him we were not going to bring weapons to Bible Study.
Sidge: "But a ninja needs  a weapon," he said.
Me: "Not tonight."
Sidge: "Okay, well," (And as he said this he put his hands up in a very traditional ninja pose similar to the picture above), "Well, maybe I can be a ninja without a weapon."

*****

Me: "Sidge, you get to pick. Do you want to clean up the train room (play room) or the sun room?"
Sidge: "Which one has the lestest stuff to clean?'

*****

In the car on the way to tennis we were playing a game.
Sidge: "I'm thinking of an animal."
Me: "Does it eat meat?
Sidge: "Do dogs eat meat?"
Me: "Yes."
Sidge: "Okay. Yes. It eats meat."
Me: "You just told me that it was a dog."
Sidge: "No, I didn't. Maybe I just wanted to know if dogs eat meat."
Me: "Okay. Is your animal a dog?"
Sidge: "Yes, you guessed it."

*****

Me: "What country is Florida in?"
Isaac: "The Azores?"
Sidge: "Tennessee?
Isaac: "San Francisco?"

*****

While listening to an online audio story about George Washington, the narrator told Sidge that Washington's wife was the first first lady. "Mom," Sidge said. "That's not true. Eve was the first lady."

*****

After her nap, JB took off Abigail's pants and pull-up and planned to replace it with some underwear and pants. However, he got distracted, she ran off, and he totally forgot that she was in just her t-shirt until ten minutes later when she went running through the kitchen -- bare buns streaking behind her, singing, "Naked buns, naked buns, naked buns."

*****

After Isaac had done a lesson on the ipad on George Washington, I asked him what he had learned. "Well," he said. "You could just listen to the story and find out for yourself."

*****

Isaac came into the room telling me that despite my instructions, Abigail was going to take a toy to the Storey's house. "What do you think we should do about that?" he asked me.

*****

Whenever we read a story about Ariel (from The Little Mermaid) I try to sing the song that she sings when the conk shell is broken. Abigail kept putting her hand on my mouth.
Me: "You don't want me to sing it?
Abigail: "No."
Me: "Who do you want to sing it then?'
Abigail: "Ariel."

No comments: