Friday, February 07, 2014

Friday Funnies

For the first time since they were babies, I'm finding the boys cannot wear ALL of the same clothes. Isaac really needs jeans that are a bit more on the slender side. So I bought a bunch of size 5 jeans in the slim, straight, with inside belt variety -- in an attempt to ward off the plumber syndrome! (It really hasn't worked.) I put an "I" in all of these jeans.

On the day Sidge turned 5, he went into the pants cabinet and pulled out a pair of Isaac's jeans. He looked at the 5 on them and said, "I can wear these now!"

*****

Abigail walked into the kitchen. JB was kissing me. She then said: "Are you done?"

*****

While looking through a magazine, Isaac saw a picture of the Flintstones cartoon characters. "Look Daddy," he said. "It's the people from the vitamins."

*****

Sidge came running out wearing a new shirt. "How good do I look?" he asked.

*****

Sidge asked me, "Mommy, when I grow up, could I marry baby Hannah?"

*****

While hugging Abigail one morning I said to her, "Am I your best Mommy?" and without skipping a beat she said, "No. Daddy."

*****

Sidge was sick. JB did a thorough check-up and then said, "Well buddy, I think you just got a bug." Sidge looked at him and said, "I have had flies go up my nose before. Maybe that was it?"

*****

I told the kiddos we were picking up our friend Sharon at her hotel and Sidge said, "Oh. Is she moving?" I realized that the kids associate staying in the hotel on Base with people that are moving in or moving out. (This isn't really a funny -- more an observation of the life we live.)

No comments: