Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sweet surprise!

I woke up at 3:30am and couldn't go back to sleep ... again. My body is so used to Hannah getting up at that time that even when she doesn't, I do!

I finally drifted off again close to 5am. Imagine my surprise when I woke up at 7:30am. 7:30? On a weekday? What is going on? No child woke me up? No husband? 

I wander out to the living room to find JB with the kiddos. Hannah is in his swing. The boys are watching Superheroes. And Abigail is still asleep.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"What?" JB asks. He smirked. "I took the day off!"

So awesome! It's a beautiful day, and we are busy preparing for a houseful of people tomorrow. Our guests of honor? Shane and Linda Jones -- our amazing friends from Turkey -- are flying in from their new home in Germany to spend Thanksgiving with us for a fourth consecutive year! The kids are so excited to see them!

Here's some photos of our morning:



No idea why they wanted to wear glasses, but they did!

No comments: