Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Best Fall activities

FYI: I have no desire to debate Halloween with all of you.

As a Christian, we have chosen to participate in the holiday here on Base (since there are no Christian alternatives), but to share with our children ways to think about this holiday in a Christian sense.

The book below: My Happy Pumpkin by Crystal Bowman (a friend of Joni's!) is a great one for this. I have had the pleasure to meet Ms. Bowman on a few occasions. What an incredible woman. And I love her books. This book demonstrates how carving a jack o' lantern can remind us of God's light in us!


My goal is to find activities celebrating the "season" ... not the world's "reason." If you have some fun fall activities to share, I'd love to hear them and link to them. Please share your ideas in the comments or via email (flakymn@hotmail.com). Please include pictures and links if you have them available.

Fall activities:

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Here is my SIL's blog, and a great perspective on Halloween. http://happyhomefairy.com/2013/10/05/what-to-tell-your-kiddos-about-halloween-a-christian-perspective/