Sunday, November 18, 2012

Yoga & MOPs

 
If you look carefully, you can see me, flanked by both my boys as we make alligators. And little Abigail can be just seen off to the right of the picture in her crazy hippy pants and blue shirt.

I continue to be amazed by how our MOPs group (Mothers of Preschoolers) on Base has been coming together. As I have previously mentioned, I am the Coordinator for the group. This is not something I ever desired doing. I did not want to do it. Not even really a little bit. I have four wonderful ladies: Cambrie, Lark, Katherine, and Adrienne that are working along side me to help bring this group to the Base. Other than the PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel), the Base has not had any sort of group for young stay-at-home-moms in many years. I kept saying, "I'd be glad to help but not lead." But God had other plans. He told me pretty obviously, "You are going to lead and have other women help."

I have come to learn that when we are least willing, God is the most present. Take Moses for example: a man who had no desire to do what God was asking. All you can have is a humble vessel when that is the case. I must admit that there is no glory in this for me at all. I would have no problem, whatsoever, if tomorrow, a more capable individual stepped forward to lead this group. (And a big part of me would love if they did!)  I just want women who have moved across the world with their husband to have a place to meet other people.

We meet on the first Thursday of the month for some fellowship, food, and fun. Maybe a speaker joins us.  On the other three Thursdays we hold some sort of fun activity -- even if it is something minor like just meeting at the park. This past week, it was Yoga. Amber, another mom in our community, volunteered to come in and she and Adrienne put together a way fun hour of music and movement. I brought all three kids, was under the weather myself, and still had a fantastic time!

The highlight for me was Sidge's conversation with the instructor -- said in all seriousness.

Instructor: "Let's all shut our eyes."
Sidge: "I don't know how to shut my eyes."
Instructor: "But what do you do when you go to sleep?"
Sidge: "I sleep with my eyes open."

No comments: