Friday, November 02, 2012

My blogs

It recently came to my attention that my journey with PPD (post-partum depression) following Abigail's birth was difficult to "find" on my blog. I have been organizing my blog slowly and surely. I'm trying to get copies of all my motherhood/parenting/infertility posts into proper sections. My goal is that people can really and easily utilize this blog as a resource so that they can find support when they travel the same road I did.

So here is one post revisiting the posts I wrote following the post-partum depression which plagued me after our daughter's birth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Wendi. I live in a country in Africa where there are very limited facilities (ie counsellors etc) for dealing with depression and a huge lack of understanding of depression and how to deal with it. I have struggled with my own kind of depression for a few years but am now on medication. Accepting you have a problem is the first step in being able to deal with it. Understanding and support from those around you is also very helpful. I found your blog posts on your PPD very helpful. Thank you. As believers we need to accept that any kind of depression is not a lack of faith or trust in God, its an illness just the same as any other illness - it just affects our minds more than our bodies. We are fearfully and wonderfully made.