Friday, November 09, 2012

Friday Funnies

When you give Sidge a kiss, he wipes his face. I'll ask him if he is wiping my kiss off, and he'll say, "No, I'm stickin' it on."
*****
We bought the boys some new tennis shoes the other day. Obviously, we don't do this often. (I try to get everything secondhand.) But since these were $10 new, I thought we'd go for it. When we got home, the boys came into the house excitedly, each holding their box. As they opened them up, Sidge looked up and said, "Mom! They put trash in our shoes." I explained to them that they put paper in new shoes. Later, when Aunt Connie asked the boys about their new shoes, Isaac explained, "New shoes have paper in them. We've never seen that before!"
*****
While I was feeding Abigail her bottle, Sidge said, "Mommy, her bottle helps comb her down."
*****
Sidge was lying next to me in bed, and we interlaced the fingers of our hands. "Hey Mom," he said. "It's like we are praying."
****
JB was demonstrating for the boys how he takes his whiskers off on Monday mornings. He showed them both with the electric razor and with shaving cream. Then Isaac said, "Daddy, how do you put your whiskers back on when you are done working?"


No comments: