Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Funnies

Sidge: "Daddy told me that if you snooze, you wooze."
*****
Sidge: "Daddy told me to put it in my pipe and smoke it."
Me: "Lovely."
*****
Sidge observing me playing Words with Friends. "Are you playing Scribble?"
*****
Sidge: "Mom, you look like a pizza."
JB: "Sidge, are you talking nice to Mommy?"
Sidge: "Yes. Pizzas are very beautiful, Daddy."
*****
While helping me look for poop that I should clean up with the pooper-scooper in the backyard, Sidge said to me: "Let's keep on our eye." (Instead of let's keep an eye out.)
*****
Currently Sidge is telling me that he wants to have a superhero birthday party. But he wants to wear a chef's costume and have cupcakes with gingerbread men on them."
*****
While talking about what they want to be when they grow up, Isaac asked me, "How do I become batman when I get bigger?"
*****
Sidge: "When you go to heaven, do you take a rocket?"
Me: "No, not usually."
Sidge: 'Okay, because I don't want to take a rocket. I want to just fly all by myself."
*****
I have been jotting down the things the boy tell me they want to be when they grow up anytime it came up in conversation over the last year. Here are the most recent growing up desires:

2011
Isaac: "I want to be a doctor and a tiger." -- 2011
Elijah: "I want to be a lion." -- 2011
Abigail: Her brother's currently call her a meerkat -- 2001
Isaac: "A painter and a fixer." -- June '12
Elijah: "A doctor and Daddy's Sou Chef." -- July '12
Elijah: "Robot repairman." -- July '12
Elijah: "An elephant." -- July '12
Isaac: "Just a painter. Painter and a fixer and a policeman and a fireman and a batman." -- August '12
Elijah: "An elephant and a fixer and Daddy's Sou Chef. And I'm gonna do that when I grow up. Okay? And I'm gonna be a spiderman too." -- August '12
Elijah: "Spiderman and batman." -- August '12
Isaac: "Batman" -- November '12
Elijah: "A daddy" -- November '12

7 comments:

Carrie said...

So sweet.

Sidge's eye comment reminds me of how my son, Kasen, says "I get a kick out of that." He says, "I'm really kicking that." It took me awhile to figure out what he was meaning when he said it. Cracks me up every time.

TAV said...

Do you think I'd like "Words w/ Friends"? Kelvin thought I should get it for my ipad but I haven't ever played it. I LOVE Sudoko and bejeweled, though :0

Patty PB said...

Mr. Meal says he's been trying to figure out how to be Batman all his life...
So maybe Isaac can give him some pointers. ;)
-P

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Tara, if you like scrabble ... you'd love it. Although your uber competitiveness could be extreme!! :) You'll like it. But it's another time waster.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the one -"I just want to fly all by myself!" ME TOO!!! xo Tante Jan

animalcrackerkat said...

Joshua has a good sound bite on the topic of heaven: "There are no chargers in heaven because your iPod never dies." - He said this one day while we were driving somewhere. It was just kind of out of the blue and awesome.

Just yesterday he said he wants to be an Astronaut so he can go to the moon.

I love those " I want to be when I grow up... " conversations. They're so exciting. It makes me think about how Jesus said we need to be like children. They dream big and it's cool.

AW said...

"Put it in your pipe and smoke it."

BWHAHHAA! Love this. So something N would say. And would get in trouble for. ;-)