Friday, October 26, 2012

John, Becky, Joshua, and Jonah

I was waiting for this announcement to "go public" before I posted about it on my blog.

My friend Becky is very special to me. A fellow infertility and adoptive mom that I met when our husbands were stationed together at Eglin AFB, she is currently mom to one adopted son Joshua and anxiously awaiting news to travel to pick up son number two ... Jonah.

She is also preparing for her husband to deploy. (You can read her announcement for herself by clicking here.)

I have learned so much from Becky about adopting older children internationally. Adopting an older child from a different culture is very unlike adopting a newborn from the USA (as we did.) It is a complicated process in many ways and requires very special proceudres to assure proper bonding between parents and child.

To find out that her husband John might miss this homecoming, that she might have to handle the intense adjustment issues that Jonah will face, and to mother their other son at the same time, all while away from family at their new base in Arizona, is quite a big pill to swallow. To think about her husband not meeting Jonah until he is two ... I can't even think about that.

Could you join me in praying for John and Becky. Let's surround her with prayer to the point that she feels stronger than she ever thought possible. We all know she can totally do this. She knows she can do this. But who would want to do this or feel strong enough to do this? Becky is an amazing woman, and I have no doublt she will tackle this incredibly well. But I want her to tackle it feeling the weight lifted off her shoulders by all of us as we come before the Lord on her behalf.

When the deployment actually takes place, I will post again to share additional ways that you can help me, as Becky's friend, stand alongside her during this difficult and amazingly awesome time in her life.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Thank you Wendi, this post brings tears to my eyes. Your support, encouragement, and prayers mean so much to me.