Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday Funnies

 
A picture of our bent sunflowers (which the boys had planted with JB) from Hurricane Nadine's first and second round visit to our Island.

Second flight to Germany cancelled. I went into the boys room and told them that I wasn't going on my flight after all. That they weren't going to be hanging with Aunt Connie for four days now.
Me: "It got cancelled again."
Isaac: "Why?"
Me: "I'm not sure. But I think it was bad weather."
Isaac: "Was it the same bad weather that bent our flowers?"
*****
During a backseat fight in our van:
Me: "Sidge, I'll leave the choice up to you. You can be kind to your brother and behave. Or you can spend some time when we get to the playground sitting on a bench and thinking about how you are behaving. What would you like to do?"
Sidge: "I'm thinking about behaving good."
*****
Stebbs sent us some chocolate-covered-popcorn. As Isaac ate it he said, "This kinda tastes like popcorn, with, chocolate on it."
*****
Sidge takes his nap in our room. We have mirrors on our closet door. He came out during his nap and told me, "Mom. I couldn't walk through the mirror." Thinking that was a good thing, I told him I had no idea what he was talking about. "Well, Mickey can walk through a mirror," he said. Apparently, there is a classic Mickey Mouse episode called Thru the Mirror where Mickey climbs through a mirror. (JB confirmed this for me later that afternoon and also mentioned how sad this made him. "It's like, his imagination just took a little step back," JB said.)
*****
Instead of "snug in a rug like a bug," Sidge climbed into bed with Daddy one morning and said, "I'm snug like a ruggie."
*****
Sidge informed us that "In Turkey, I was Elijah, but now I am Sidge." I asked him what he would be when we moved to our next country. "I will still be Sidge. I'll just be Sidge forever."
*****
The boys have been not allowed to use the word banana unless they are talking about something they are going to eat. This is because everything is a banana lately (their brother, the dog, a tree) and it is just driving us CRAZY! I heard Sidge tell Isaac, "You are not welcome to call me banana ... banana."
*****
Isaac has been using the word definitely and it always makes me smile when I ask him if he can do something and he says, "I definitely can."
*****
While cooking some pork:
Sidge: "What are you doing?"
JB: "I'm making bacon."
Sidge: "Oh I love bacon."
JB: "Yeah. We get it from pigs."
Sidge: "Yeah, we say to piggies: 'Hey! We are going to take your bacon. But it's okay. We are just borrowing it.'"
*****
While listening to my Portuguese lessons in the van, the speaker was instructing us to say, "I want ___." The boys, remembering that they are supposed to not use want but instead use please said, "Oh mom! They are saying want!"
*****
Sidge has decided that all parks on Base should be called Arakadash park -- in memory of the park we loved in Turkey. In the end, we compromised. Just the park by the Clinic is now Arkadash.
*****
Sidge: "David had a spirit."
Me: "David in the Bible?"
Sidge: "Yes. He had a spirit."
Isaac: "No. Not a spirit Sidge. A spear. To kill the lion."
Sidge: "Oh yeah. A spear I mean."
*****
Sidge:  "Mommy, how come you aren't sweeping (sleeping) anymore?"
Me: "I'm just sitting here in this chair taking a break."
Sidge: "Are you better?"
Me: "Well I still don't feel great."
Sidge: "So you are just a wittle (little) sick?"
Me: "Yes."
Sidge: "Are you this sick? (Holds arms out.)"
*****
Abigail was crying because she wanetd to go outside. But we had told her "no" and were ignoring her whining and crying. But she kept on, and Isaac finally said, "Why don't you just let her outside, Dad."
*****
JB thought he overheard Isaac say something about Turkey. When he asked him what he said, Isaac replied, "Daddy, Turkey was a pretty long time ago."
*****
Isaac came out of the bathroom and informed me that, "I went pee pee while Sidge was going poopy."
Me: "How is that possible?"
Isaac: "Well, while Sidge is sitting down, there's a little room in the front."
*****
JB: "Isaac, you are being too loud in your room for naptime. If you aren't more quiet, I will have to shut the door."
Isaac: "Daddy, why don't you just go downstairs?"
JB: "Excuse me? Is that how you speak to me?"
Isaac: "Sorry. Could you please go downstairs?"



1 comment:

animalcrackerkat said...

That last one could have been Joshua. :)