Monday, October 15, 2012

Drive around the island

There have been so many wonderful pictures already! Joni and Connie are both camera-addicts, which firmly works to my advantage! If you want to check out the continual flow of pictures during Joni is here, visit: Joni in the Azores on Facebook. I will be continuing to add photos to this (probably daily.)

I am constantly amazed at how my travelling and moving and military life changes me ... hopefully mostly for the better. Today I decided to take Joni, Connie, and the boys on a tour around the entire island. This is something I would have never attempted before moving to Turkey. But in Turkey, I learned that if I can drive off-Base in Turkey -- where there are no street signs and no one speaks the language, surely I can do it anywhere!

I have never driven on this island anywhere but to Base and back. However, today, I decided to go for it. We had a wonderful time. It was a great day. And I felt very pleased with myself for being such a good tour guide -- despite the fact that the weather was pretty cruddy!

Here are just a few pictures of our fun times:






No comments: