Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Missing you ...

... not sure if this was a nice or mean thing for my sister-in-law Gabbi to do. Send me a photo of her Dairy Queen chocolate Blizzard with a note that said it made her think of me. Chocolate ice cream Blizzards with oreos or french silk are my absolute favorites. I miss them so much. The only thing that makes it feel better is that I can eat lots of European chocolate here that I can't get in the States. In Turkey, we could at least get a few American fast-food options. Here, other than a Subway on Base, there is nothing. No fast food at all. It's actually a blessing. No thought of, "Hey do we want to get such and such instead of cooking tonight?"

We are planning on going back to the USA at Christmas time. And I am planning on eating a (lot of) blizzards while I am there.

2 comments:

Jake Olson said...

Hopefully you'll manage to get caught in a few blizzards too while you're here. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Gabbs said...

For the record, mine had Reese's peanut butter cups in it, not Oreos, if that makes you feel any better ;)