Saturday, August 04, 2012

GPS

I am constantly losing Abigail. Part of it is our house. The downstairs has many small rooms with many doors and lots of little places for her to hide. Part of it is because she has two big brothers and a bit brother dog that are also trying to get my attention. Either way, I think it is at least once a day that my blood pressure rises as I spin in circles trying to figure out where she has crawled into, under, or around.

JB's Mom came up with an idea:

Okay, here's a thought for the lost child...

Maybe you can safety pin a little bell on the back of her collar or somewhere she can't reach:) while she's awake and then just listen for her to make a move. If everyone is quiet, you should be able to hear her -- even if she just moves a little-as you walk around looking for her.

Pin it on BEFORE she gets dressed so she doesn't know you put something there.

Next step -- GPS.

JB replied to his mom and went even further:

I was thinking a tracking device collar ... or maybe an ear tag like on elk. Put one on both ears so people think they are earings.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Squeaker shoes....as long as she's walking you can find her. But if she stops, you might be in trouble. I think the bell idea is great too!

Drew and Emily said...

Our boys have taught our one year old to answer with 'What' everytime someone says her name. It drives me crazy and I am trying to change it to something milder and nicer or at least get her to change her tone. You could get your boys to help you do something similar. Just avoid the word 'What', it will doesn't sound good coming out of a cute little one year old girl with attitude.

leina said...

My aunt made M an anklet that had small bells on it. IT's so cute...but only works if she's moving!

Kiley said...

I say pin a few bells on the back of a onsie or her diaper. she will never be able to reach her back!! And just think how funny it would be to watch her try so hard to figure out where that "jingle" is coming from. We will be having that issue very soon ourselves. From a 1200 sq. foot house to a 5,000 sq. foot house. I know for sure someone is going to get lost. At least in my mind. Good luck.

Kiley