Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Some of my favorite quotes

Here are a few quotes that I think really summarize who I am and what I stand for at this moment in my life.

"Perhaps an adoptive parent faces sooner what every parent must face eventually: Our children are not ours; they belong to themselves. What will keep them visiting us joyfully when they are grown is the quality of our relationship, not biology." -- Judy Rader.

"A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading." -- C.S. Lewis

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." -- C.S. Lewis

"Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." -- Mark Twain

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -- Dr. Seuss

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." -- Mark Twain

“Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.” -- Dr. Seuss

No comments: