Saturday, May 05, 2012

To smile

I asked Isaac is he would always be such a good big brother to Abigail. He said yes. I told him that if anyone ever tries to do something bad to Abigail he should stop them. Isaac then asked, "If they do something bad, will the police take them into time out?"
*****
Eljiah told Ms. Stebbs, "William and I are buddies. Very."
*****
Elijah saw a snail, squished on the sidewalk. Snails -- huge ones -- are everywhere right now, and many of them are squished. He asked JB it is was dead. JB told him it was. "Awww mannnn," Elijah said. He was really bothered by it! So sweet.
*****
I love the way that Isaac is currently saying may where he should say can. I don't correct hiim. It's too cute. "Mommy, may you open this for me?" or "Mommy, may you let us take a bath?"
*****
Isaac asked me, "Mommy, is Elijah never going to be Isaac?"
*****
While reading in our Children's Bible about Noah, I asked Elijah, "Who is that?"
Elijah: "It's Noah."
Me: "That's right."
Elijah: "He lives in Peter Pan."
Me: "What?"
Elijah: "Noah and Rowan live in Peter Pan."
Me: "You mean, Ja-pan?"
Elijah: "Yes. Noah and Rowan and Angelica and Dan moved to Japan."
Me: "That's right. But this is the Noah in the Bible. He didn't live in Japan. He probably lived in Turkey."
Elijah: "Let's read the next story."
*****
Isaac: "Daddy, where does pink milk come from?"
John: "From pink cows."
Isaac: "Really?"
John: "No, I'm just kidding. Where do you think pink milk comes from Isaac?"
Isaac: "I don't know."
John: "Elijah, where do you think pink milk comes from?"
Elijah: "From pigs?"
*****
I was racing around the kitchen trying to balance ten things at once when Elijah impatiently started asking me if he could have a granola bar. I asked him to wait but he started getting more and more impatient. So I started the exchange we've been having recently.
Me: "How many mommies do you have?"
Elijah: "One."
Me: "How many hands do I have?"
Elijah: "Two."
Me: "And what am I doing with those hands right now?"
[It is here that I expect him to acknowledge me doing ten things at once.]
Elijah: "Getting me a granola bar?"
*****
While reading a book with construction trucks on it, Elijah saw a crane. He said to me, "When I get bigger, I can drive that crane. And you can sit in the back."
*****
I asked Elijah what he learned in Sunday School. "We learned everything. But I cannot tell you because I have to play with my budder (brother)."
*****
Elijah was lying in bed with me one morning before his brother and sister got up. "My best friends are you and Daddy and Isaac and Scrubby. And if anyone is mean to my sister, I'm going to tell them 'No. That's my sister. You don't be mean to my sister.'"
*****
"Mommy, do you have batteries inside you?" (Elijah)
*****
Isaac took a heart shaped magnet and put it on Elijah's belly. "I'm putting that there to make sure that God is in there," he told Elijah.
*****
Isaac: "Mommy, do we not say butt?"
Wendi: "No, we don't."
Isaac: "Why?"
Wendi: "ummmm ...
Isaac: "Is it rude?"
Wendi: "Yes, it's rude."
Isaac: "Why?"
(At this point I utilized the diversion-technique since I really couldn't articulate why calling people a butt is wrong.)
*****
We were at Shane and Linda's house for dinner. Elijah saw a picture of Shane and Linda and saw, "Awww ... that's so cute."
*****
I've also enjoyed the cuteness of our friends. Little Caleb who is about Isaac's age, came over and used the phrase "Dang it." I told him I'd rather we didn't say that in my house. So he paused a moment and said, "Okay. Ummm ... nuts."

Later, Caleb asked me, "Where is the Scrubs."

Five year old Trez asked me if we were going to attend the "Spring Fling." Only he said, "Are you guys going to the Sprinkler Fink?"

Later, he commented on the Turkish music coming from the alley when he said that, "the neighbors were parterwing."

He told his mom was coming at "Sixty-twelve."

And when I told him he shouldn't call Isaac "poopy" he instead called Isaac, "tall grass." Who knows where that came from!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOur kids are hilarious! Why dont my kiddos ever say such funny things?!
Rana