Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Hasta Luego

It's time to say good bye to the first of our "crew" here in Turkey. Angelica is the first. As I write this, she is on her way to America. When we leave Turkey is fairly random. It has to do with when we came in, where we are going, and when the next Base needs us. In Dan & Angelica's case, he is going to be flynig airplanes again in Japan -- so they must first go home to the States for some training. There stuff is now on the way to Japan but they are now on the way to the USA for two months before they themselves head out to Japan.

If you think of it, please pray for Angelica. She is emotionally struggling with this move. I know people are praying for me because I physically feel emotionally stronger. Angelica is truly one of the most beautiful people I have ever met -- both inside and out. I just don't know how to say good bye to this friend. I don't know how I did. Well, I know how I did. I didn't. I just couldn't bring myself to go to the Base hotel last night and say good bye. So I didn't.

Also, another good friend of mine, Casey, left this morning. She and her husband Jordan are expecting a son via IVF next month. I was given the amazing opportunity to stand alongside her on a journey toward parenthood. While she and I didn't hang out a tremendous amount, we appreciated each other's humor, wisdom, and shared experience with infertility.

Angelica had some of us gals over for a brunch a few weeks before she left -- a chance for her to say good bye and thank you to some of her closest friends here. Hard to believe that her house is now empty of stuff. But here is what one of her last parties looked like from Linda's artful eye.
Angelica has an eye for decorating ...

... and for food.

Yum!

Here is me telling Bri about how awesome the book THE HUNGER GAMES is.

Angelica tried to pray. It became a sob fest. Linda broke the tension by snapping some photos.

This is typical of Stebbs and I. We laugh a lot. She is just a very funny gal. She can't held serious moments, ever, so she usually tries to lighten the mood with something silly.

Christina will be in Turkey another year -- but she was heading to the USA after this party for a visit. So this would be her good bye to Angelica.

I like to think I am responsible for bringing these two together. Since I met both of them separately, I think I will consider myself responsible. Props to me.

Baby Reese -- what an honor to be this little lady's godmother.

With Patty. I actually brought them together too as they are both Spanish speakers. They often get together for coffee and some "Spanish time."

Angelica with Tina, an amazing mother of five.

Angelica and Dr. Linda. Love these two ladies so much.

What a great picture of Tina and Reese.

Stay tuned for pictures of the going away party JB and I threw for Dan & Angelica. I'm waiting to get pictures of that from Angelica.

1 comment:

Dr. Linda said...

I cried yesterday. After all my talk about being used to this moving stuff and how "it's not that bad because we'll see each other again" - it really hit me, and I had a good sob fest. This military lifestyle is hard, for sure.