Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thank you, God, for blessing me

Talk about sweetness! You can't get much sweeter than Max Lucado's Thank you, God, for blessing me in which baby caterpillar Hermie shows toddlers how to be thankful for God's blessings with his own thankful heart.

My boys, who are three years old, loved this book. They loved the pictures, illustrated by Frank Endersby. They loved the story. And they were eager to read it again. (Always a good sign!)

And while my eight month old daughter isn't able to sit for a reading yet, the pages are sturdy enough to handle even her playful hands (and mouth!)

This is also a Read 2 Me book, which means that in the next two years, my boys will be able to start reading it to me. The words are small. The sentences short. And even better, it is a story that I won't mind reading over and over again ... or having to listen to over and over again. It's short, sweet, and touching; it teachers a lesson while captivating in a peaceful way.

I definitely think I will be ordering more copies of this book to give as a gift to new parents!


The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through BookSneeze®.

1 comment:

Ryan and Sarah said...

Love me some Max!!