Monday, April 30, 2012

Mini Golf

We are always looking for new things to do on a Base that we have seemingly explored every square inch of. Yesterday we went miniature golfing on an old and unkept course next to the pool. It was dirty and some holes didn't work, but the boys didn't care. They had a great time. I laughed hard when Isaac said, "How can I simply get this ball in?"

True to their personalities, Elijah wanted me to show him how to hold the club and help him get ready to hit the ball. Isaac, on the other hand wanted to do it all himself and in his own way. Isaac wants me close but doesn't want me in his business. Elijah would prefer to have me playing right with him the whole time.

In addition, at the first hole, I did talk them in to letting me demonstrate how you actually played. My family loved mini golf when I was growing up so I have played a lot of it! My brother and I also played golf in our living room all the time as kids using the in-floor air conditioning vents of our mobile home as the "hole."

Anyways, as I demonstrated, I went to hit the ball for a second time to go in the hole; Elijah started yelling and ran after the ball. I realized that having never seen a course, he thought the ball would disappear down the hole. He had no idea that it was just a cup in the ground, and he could get the ball back.

You pick up your clubs and balls at the Base hotel. The man gave each of the boys a club and ball, but I held them while they rode their bikes across the street to the golf course. I thought it amazing that in the few seconds they held them, they each knew which ball and club were their own. Apparently one of the white balls had a two on it. One had a three on it. One club was silver. One was black.

I am constantly amazed at how many toys we have and how they know who has ownership of which one. I love having "twins." We have tons of cars. They've been given to us. Are birthday presents, etc. They know who every single car is for. Who it was given to. They've even gone to asking us to write an E or an I on the ones that we have doubles of.

I love having "twin" boys!

No comments: