Saturday, April 07, 2012

I counted to 34 & other smiles

Isaac: "This picture is for you Daddy."
John: "What is it?"
Isaac: "A drawing."
John: "A drawing of what?"
Isaac: "A beetle."
John: "Oh, a pink and purple and brown beetle?"
Isaac: "Yeah. And a little black."





Elijah: "This is for you Daddy."
John: "What is it?"
Elijah: "Black."
John: "But what is the picture?"
Elijah: "Black and colors."
John: "But what is the drawing?"
Elijah: "Lots of colors."



And here are a few, non picture-related smiles:

Abigail spits up. Elijah says, "Awww man, Abigail just spit up everywhere." Isaac comes over to investigate and says, "Yeah, and she even spit up a little pea."

-- and then -- 

Isaac, while looking through the car magazine I bought him turned to me and said, "Excuse me Mommy, but when I get older, can I drive a ferrari?"

-- and then --


The boys asked me how old I was. When I told them thirty-four they asked me how old that was. I said we could count to it. About halfway through I realized, oh my, it takes a long time to count to thirty-four. I am old!

No comments: