Friday, March 09, 2012

Taller!

I have talked often on my blog about my height. I am reminded how much taller I am than the normal woman, each time I go home to South Florida. I am not sure what it is, but people there stop me constantly to comment on my height. Seriously, I think in one trip to South Florida, I will be asked how tall are you? or stared at while someone says gosh, you are so tall more times than I do in an entire year in any of the other places I have lived or visited.

Here are some of the questions/comments that I received during this trip home:

  • How tall are you?
  • Did you play college basketball?
  • My gosh, you are so tall!
  • Are you kids going to be tall?
  • How tall is your husband? (I get this one a lot. Not sure what the fascination is with this one?)
  • How did you get so tall?
  • I wish I had some of your height.

Speaking of tall, I saw this video the other day about surgeries people are having to make themselves taller. (Warning: this is not for the squeamish.)

So that video makes it official. You can now make yourself taller. You can make yourself skinnier or fatter. You can change your eye color (temporarily). You can change your hair color. You can change your physical features. People even (sort of) change their sex.

I now believe you can change anything about your features ... but I don't believe there is a way to make oneself shorter?

No comments: