Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pics from stebbs

Stebbs is making up for lost time. She is bringing her camera everywhere and taking tons of pictures. The other day, she took Elijah for me for a few hours while Isaac played at his friend Trez' house. While she was gone, she met up with Sarahbee (and Peter) and Mrs. Sarah Ashmore (and Scotty.) Here are some pictures from their time at the park, saying good bye to Mrs. Sarah Ashmore who is the first of all of us to sign out of life here on Incirlik and move to greener pastures (San Antonio in her case.)

Elijah and his best friend William

Peter, Scotty (with Scout), Elijah, and William

A lifelong friend: Stebbs with her boy William and Elijah

I love how Peter (far right) is just starting to play like a big boy. All of a sudden, he is coming out of his shy shell.

Precious.
When we left Eglin in back in July of 2010, my boys were too young to really have "friends." They were just 2 and 1.5 then. But this time they are much older. They'll be nearly 3.5 and 4. And them asking me where their friends went chokes me up all the time. How do people stay in the military and move this often for their whole life? My heart just can't take it.

This is Stebbs and Mrs. Sarah Ashmore. Saying good bye to Sarah-A is just warning me of all the good byes to come. She and I shared a common infertility journey. How will I say good bye over and over again over the next few months? Stebbs is heading to Washington D.C.

This is why I have to give all my friends nicknames. Here is Sarahbee with Mrs. Sarah Ashmore. Three Sarahs. Craziness! Sarahbee will be headed to the midwest about the same time we leave here. 



Bye Scotty (with Scout)! We'll miss you.

William and Elijah -- big buddies!

1 comment:

Stephanie Doyle said...

Very sweet pictures!