Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lovin' a Turkish Tailor




Here I am with my new clothes. I have ventured off the front row of the Alley, which caters to Americans and usually has higher prices, and gone to Hatice's family's tailor shop. They ... are ... amazing.

Case in point: one pair of tailored jeans, one pair of made jeans, one sweater, and one pair of yoga pants all completed in about a week for approximately $40USD.

Veronica went as well: two tailored pairs of jeans, one pair of yoga pants, one pair of work-out tights, one tailored shirt and one tailored skirt: all completed in about three days for approximately $21USD.

I have decided that I am going to get a BUNCH of stuff made while I am here in Turkey and the prices are so cheap. But I have also decided that I am going to use tailors in the future for ALL my clothes. I have written previously about how difficult (and expensive!)  shopping is for my 6'3" self. I have fallen in love with finding a picture online and paying someone to recreate with longer sleeves and torsos and pant legs.

1 comment:

AW said...

Just be prepared that when you come back to the US that the tailors over here may not be as good. Down here in TX, we have a plethora of Asian tailors, but very few make good quality clothing. I've found one sweet lady that I adore, but she is higher priced than all the others.