Thursday, October 27, 2011

Some smiles

The boys went out to play on one of our first cool mornings of the year. They came inside requesting jackets. Elijah said, "It's hot inside," remarking on the change of temperature when he came into the house. "I need to go outside and warm off." I think he meant cool off. But it's so fun to hear him trying to use expressions.
*****
After an especially challenging day with both boys, Elijah walked up the steps to head inside for dinner and gave a big sigh and said, "It's been a long day."
*****
I told the boys that I was taking them to the mosque park. This is a big park by one of the largest mosques in Turkey. Isaa asked in all seriousness, "A mouse park, Mommy?"
*****
Isaac: "Apricots are my favorite."
Me: "What about me?" (In other words: "aren't I your favorite?")
Isaac: "Oh. Yes. Apricots are your favorite too."
*****
Me: "Isaac what are you going to be when you grow up?"
Isaac: "A firefighter. I'm a doctor right now. But when I grow up, then I'll be a firefighter."
Me: "Elijah, what about you? What are you going to be when you grow up?"
Elijah: "A tall boy."
*****
When I told Isaac that the boo-boo on my knee was from falling when I was jogging, he told me, "Mommy, would you please slow down?" When I asked him why I should slow down, he said, "Because I don't want you to get hurt."
*****
I told Isaac that he should eat all his cereal. "It gets wasted if you don't eat it," I said. He responded by saying, "Well, then you eat it Mommy."
*****
Elijah doesn't seem to like drinking milk. I informed him that milk gave him muscles. He lifted his arms to show me and then said, "I already have muscles."
*****
After waking up from his nap, Elijah said the following: "Where's Isaac?" I told him Isaac was still asleeping but baby Abigail was on the couch. He looked at Baby Abigail and said, "I love baby Abigail. But I got to go pee pee." He went into the bathroom and came out rather fast. I asked him if he was done already, "Yes, I did a fast pee pee," he said. Then I brought his underwear to him, and he said, "Oh, there's my underwear. I love underwear. Underwear is my best friend."

2 comments:

Grama Di said...

I miss my boys!

Anonymous said...

Priceless!! Love the chit/chats of little ones!! :) N