Friday, October 14, 2011

Now I wonder ...

I wonder why God made grapes with seeds in them? The ones without seeds are so much more fun and easy to eat. And easy to give to your kids.

I also wonder why he made cockroaches. And ticks. Those two things. I think he could have skipped them.

I wonder as a mom if I will ever get used to sitting next to my children while they get a shot. Elijah had no clue today what was coming even though I tried to explain it to him. He was so brave. His eyes filled up with tears, but he didn't scream and didn't yell. He just looked at me and said, "That willy huwt me Mommy." Isaac got a free pass because the flu shot has eggs in it and he is allergic to eggs, but Elijah had to get one. He took it like a champ but every time I watch pain inflicted on my children that I know is for their good, I think that this must be how the Lord feels when he sees his children hurting.

I wonder how many times I can take Scrubs to the vet while in Turkey. They believe that he, like so many of the other dogs on Base, has an allergy to ... Turkey. Swollen and red paws. Ears infected. Poor guy! More steroids. More Benadryl.

I also wonder a lot lately about saying good bye. About moving. About starting over again. It's not anytime soon but it's coming ... again.

No comments: