Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Grama Gert

Today would have been my Grama's birthday. She joined this world on October 15, 1923 and went home to see her husband Mike on September 4, 2009. My Grama was one of the fiercest prayer warriors I have ever met. She loved the Lord more than words can describe. You couldn't be around her without knowing Jesus Christ. Grama didn't know anything but living for the Lord. Here are a few pictures that I will always treasure of my Grama.

My Grama with her six children: Scott, George, John, Linda, Jeff, and Bob. Grama had 17 grandchildren, and truly, I have lost count of the great grand children.


Grama prayed so hard for me to have a child. I love this photo. It is at a baby shower for me and Isaac in Chicago in August 2008. Grama wanted four generations in the photo so she held up a photo of my Dad. I am also pregnant with Elijah in this photo.


My last picture with my Grama. I brought Elijah to visit her in June of 2009.


Four generations of Huismans.



My Grama with Elijah. Oh how I wish I could have a picture of her with Abigail.

Here are a few links to posts I have done on my Grama. The day she died: September 4, 2009
and the story of her life: Gertrude Dykstra Huisman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this today Wendi. sniff... sniff...

Happy Birthday Mom!

Linda