Friday, September 23, 2011

Progress

Yesterday JB paid me a huge compliment. Or a huge encouragement. Or something like that. He came home for lunch. Like he usually does. And after lunch we put the boys down for naps. And after putting the boys down for naps JB pulled me aside and said, "You know, today, during lunch, you kinda seemed like yourself."

That might not seem like much of an encouragement to some people, but to me, someone who has been trying to dig out of a dark place, it was a huge bit of progress. My husband knows me better than anyone. And he was telling me that he could see glimpses of the "old Wendi" reemerging.

I see her too. I miss her. She's in there. Social events are getting easier. I am crying very little. I still have a great heaviness on my shoulders and a lot of anxiety, but things are not looking nearly as dark, and it's wonderful to see progress on this journey. (Oh, and it's raining! The first rain of the season! It's beautiful to see.)

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed." 2 Cor 4:7-9

5 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

I'm happy things are looking up! Hugs from MN!

Joy Z said...

This makes my heart so happy!

Emily said...

So encouraged for you!

nicole said...

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
-I've remembered this is in very dark times. It's so true.

Your light, because it shines from within, will never be permanently dimmed. Glad you're feeling a teeny bit better :-)

Love,

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Great news! I too am digging out of my dark place...not related to post parteum but it's the same dark place all the same. Your news gives me hope too. Trisha from MN.