Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Learnings

I've learned a lot this week. Like what?

Like the fact that I can truly pour out my heart before God as it says in Psalm 62:8. "Trust in him at all times: ye people. Pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us."


Like the fact that the best while I am seeking help for myself, I can be providing comfort and love to others. I think "The Prayer of St. Francis" says it best:

The prayer of St. Francis



Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

And like the fact that my current struggles may not be about me at all! Isaiah 48:10-11 says, "See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this. How can I let myself be defamed? I will not yield my glory to another."
 
Amen to that.
 
Another learned fact? I can turn my intense guilt into positive statements. For instance, when I am feeling guilty about spending time with the boys and leaving Abigail in the house with Veronica, I can say, "Isn't it nice that I get to spend this time with just my boys," instead of thinking, "I should be spending more time with Abigail." I plan to work on this throughout the week.
 
I am feeling sooooo much better everyone! I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Becky said...

O Praise God Wendi!!! I have been lifting you up nightly before the Father as I have been up with Joshua. I will continue to do so until your healing is complete.

P.S. We got the package - thank you so much!!! I will send a proper thank you in the mail.

TAV said...

Wow. Wish I could give you our "extra" microwave. it is driving me crazy that we have two :).
Glad you found Scrubby!
Our (well, my parents') dogs like to bolt in their neighborhood... and the only way they will return is if you run the other way (then they chase you!).