Sunday, September 04, 2011

Just what the doctor ordered

A few bits of exciting news to share with you.

The first? John and Becky are "officially" a family of three now. Joshua is "home" with his forever Daddy and Mommy. Click here to read the announcement on Becky's blog.

Our friend Bara was engaged this week. In the Syrian culture, this is a big deal and there is a huge party. You don't back out after an engagement so it's a "done deal" for him. Congrats Bara! I am not sure if the wedding is going to be in Syria, but it makes me a bit sad that even though we are only about an hour away from Syria, unrest in that culture prohibits us from attending. (We are not allowed to cross the border while with the military here.)

And lastly, I must share that I am typing this blog from Starbucks on Base. Dan and Angelica have planned a "date day" for JB and I. They took the boys. We have Abigail with us. But we are following their instructions for some time together as a couple. Part of that is some time in Starbucks with a book or laptop. How amazing is this? How amazing are our friends?

I have been battling some post-partum blues (I'll write about this more when I feel emotionally up to it), and I think this is just what the doctor odered.

1 comment:

Bara said...

thanks a lot Wendi! i am pretty excited!
wedding will be in the US! not soon tho! at least a year or so till she finishes her law school!

you both will def be first on the invitation list! :-)