Friday, August 26, 2011

Incirlik (and life in general) notes

  • I miss Angelica and Stebbs something awful. They are both out of town and both return in the next week or so. I can't wait to see them.
  • Our boys seem to be adjusting to a new little sister without too much of a glitch. I definitely feel some mother guilt about trying to split myself three ways instead of two, but I know this is just part of the adjustment.
  • Baby Abigail is really chunking up. I love when little babies start getting chunky. Feeding is going so much better. She is happier. Mom is happier. We are continuing to breast feed and bottle feed every feed. I am also pumping to try and keep my milk supply up.
  • Summer in Turkey is not nearly as hot as it was last year Praise the Lord! It is still warm, don't get me wrong. But more South-Florida-like instead of Middle-Eastern-like. The cool thing is (no pun intended) that it gets into the 70's early in the morning and late at night which is a nice treat.
  • I thought Abigail's sleeping through the night would end when we fixed her eating. However, she has continued to sleep through the night. She goes to bed around 10pm and sleeps until about 5am. Glorious!
  • Believe it or not we are planning a return trip to Germany in a few months. Not exactly what I wanted to do but getting to see JB's parents who are going to meet us there is worth going back. I can't wait for them to get two weeks of time with their grandkids.
  • Now that the school year is starting again (Monday), activities on Base are starting again as well. Things really shut down for the summer as so many people travel. I am going to be involved with MOPs. I am also going to be involved with an infertility support group that is starting up. In addition, I am helping at church with the Bulletin. I think that is enough for now!
  • The ATM took my debit card today. Just sucked it in. Not happy about that. I've got to figure out a way to go through all the steps written on the paper on the top of the ATM to get it back now. Bummer.
  • JB is really enjoying the new doctor who has come in: Yamil. He and Yamil have really hit it off and work right across the hall from each other which has been great for JB. His wife Patty is also awesome so that is great (for me.)
  • Please scroll down and participate in my blog poll if you haven't already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O you get more paper work (missing debit!!)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

exactly!!!!!

Ryan and Sarah said...

Out of the blue yesterday, W said "we call I-dak and tell him to come to the park and bring Scubby and we will wear our rain boots."

We will make it happen soon. Miss you.

~Stebbs