Saturday, August 06, 2011

Cutie

Isaac has started to ask to go to the bathroom every night after we put him down for bed. We know this is a delay tactic, but how do you tell a newly potty trained three year old he can't use the bathroom? So we try to be very firm and serious and we express frustration when he gets up there and doesn't actually go. Tonight as I very seriously said, "Isaac, if you are going to get up after bed to go potty, you need to go; we can't keep doing this every night," he said to me from his perch on the potty, "Mommy, could you just be happy?" Oh my. Lay the guilt on little man.

*****

Isaac: "Mommy, are you a stick?"
Me: "No, I'm not a stick."
Isaac: "What can I call you then?"
I had no idea how to answer that.

*****

Isaac was talking about the boat ride we took with my parents on the Mosel River. "I helped find baby Abigail's hat on the boat in Turkey," he said. "No, wait. We are in Turkey now. On the boat in Germany I mean. I know about that." A pause and then, "I know about popsicles too."

*****

This morning I went in to the bathroom after Isaac had finished #2. "Mommy," he said, pointing to a tiny poop, "This is my Damatian poop, Scrubby. That's his tail."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendi
May I ask you two question?
How do you organize your day to handle all the works and run all erands? I mean having 3 kids and being a truly nice and successful mother how do you strike balance among differenct spheres of your life?

Can Issac speak Turkey or Germany or any other languages? Do you have any plan for Isaac learning foreign languages?

I really adore your way of being a mother and raises some questions just for learing and knowing
Thank you very much for your time

Anonymous said...

Wendi, this made me laugh at my computer screen! I love Isaac-isms. Thanks for sharing the wonderful mind of children :)
-Gina

Anonymous said...

Laugh out loud funny! Hershal and I can totally relate! Why do their poops always have to look like something to them :)?

Michelle