Monday, May 16, 2011

What I Want the World to Know About ...


... Mothering Triplets!

This is is post #5 in a series of guest blogger posts entitled, "What I want the World to Know About ____." Want to include a post of your own? Click here to find out how.


I can get into a deep and meaningful conversation with another mom of twins, triplets or quads and really share my heart. I really gleaned from other moms of twins when my boys were toddlers, and I try to be an open book to any moms expecting more than one baby. However, most of my world consists of being stopped and questioned by NOT well meaning moms of one baby (which, by the way, is referred to as a singleton baby in the multiples world).

For the lady that stopped me with my preemies at Walmart and tried to take them out of their car seats, for the lady who was "sick too" at the doctor's office and tried to pull the blankets off their car seats, for the Branson tourists that stopped to take pictures with us strolling with our three infant car seats to show their family back in the UK, and for the ladies that walked within earshot behind me on our VERY first outside outing after being released from the NICU and said, "I'd shoot myself if I had triplets!" ... this is what I need to get made into a T-Shirt ...


For anyone that is expecting or has multiples and has real questions ... I am an open book (so far)! You can ask me any questions. To date there hasn't been any I have not answered :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain. I'm a mom of twin boys (who are now 7) and I've had all of that happen to me too. I've had older women literally jump out in front of my stroller so they could see the boys (when they were infants). If I wasn't able to stop I would've run them over. What was worse was that they were making such a big fuss about how cute and adorable the boys were and how tiny they were and then looked over to my friends baby and said to her "oh, yours is cute too." and then walked away. No cooing over her precious baby. I felt so bad for her.

As your boys get older the questions and rude behavior from strangers will lessen, but I still get people that ask if they're twins (a little harder now to tell, I guess), and which one is which and how do I tell them apart.

Congrats on your triplets. They are adorable.

Faith said...

lol, love it! I cannot totally relate - except to say we have 2 children 6 months apart and watching people do the math and then look at me with questioning eyes is nothing short of amusing. And then they can't figure out WHY in the world we would adopt when we were pregnant, and they always have to ask. We get some interesting questions. And I know they will keep coming! I say kudos to you - Whenever I have a rough day, I remind myself that at least they aren't triplets (I have a good friend with triplets), lol! Like you said, you just DO it. But, you are nothing short of a mommy hero in my book:).

denise said...

than you guys! I appreciate the encouragement as a triplet mom :) Thanks to Wendi for allowing me to voice my opines :)

Joia said...

GO Denise!! Loved this! =)