Saturday, May 21, 2011

Some funny boy moments ...

Went in to get the boys at their normal 6am wake-up the day we were leaving for Germany. Isaac popped right up in bed and said, "I'm awake Mommy. Time to go to Germany." He then ran into our bathroom to have a shower conversation with JB about the details of our trip. Shuttle to Adana. Flight to Germany. Then a rental-car. He's quite excited!

Another sweet note ...

This morning Elijah said, "I'm hungry Mommy." (Hungry comes out a bit more like horny though to be completely honest -- but that's a whole 'nother funny altogether.)

When I didn't reply right away he said, "Wenni, I'm hungry, Wenni."

That got my attention!

*****

The other thing that the boys have been doing has created some great frustration coupled with intense laughter. Here's how it plays out.

Elijah pretends to take something off of Isaac's pants. He reaches over in his car seat, grabs something, and then puts his little fist into a ball.

Isaac then becomes distraught. "Give that back Ewijah buddy. Give that back."

Elijah keeps his fist in a ball as if he is hiding the secret of the world. Isaac whines. Elijah grins. Veronica, JB, and me sit there contemplating how to solve this.

So what do you do as a parent? Instruct the child who took nothing to give nothing back? Instruct the child who wants nothing to not want nothing back?

I ended up, and I kid you not saying: "Elijah, give that to Mommy." He then opened his hand and gave it to me. It was nothing remember. Just pretend air. I then turned and returned the nothing to Isaac who immediately stopped whining/crying and went on about his merry way.

"Fanks Mommy," Isaac says. "Ewijah took that from me."

Seriously?! Where do they come up with these things? And how does a parent find themselves completely playing along to keep the peace?

*****
Poor Isaac got sick on the first plane flight. We aren't sure if it was motion sickness or the custard he ate, but he started turning green and then he threw up. He did a great job. JB was sitting next to him and he used the barf bag and listened really well. As soon as he threw up he said to JB, "Oh my belly feels much better now."

After we got off the plane I asked him what happened. He said, "Mommy, I got sick. And didn't feel good. And then I did the yellow throwed-up."

Nice!

1 comment:

Faith said...

LOL, so cute:)!