Friday, May 27, 2011

Sick & Sweet

The boys are both pretty sick. Head colds. At least Isaac (sort of) knows how to blow his nose now. Elijah still doesn't. He just says, "Nose running Mom." Then he gets me a tissue and asks me to help. I bought some lotion kleenex for him, but his poor little nose is still really raw. Yesterday in the car he actually said to me, "Got a booger in my nose Mom. Get it pease." I grabbed a tissue and was able to wipe his nose from the front seat. He sighed, smiled, and said, "Fanks Mom."

You're welcome.

I actually had to take Isaac into the doctor yesterday for a bad sore he has in his mouth. Thank goodness our friend Deana is a doctor here on Base and was able to help me facilitate this. (We are still having trouble getting them "in the system" here on Base. Lots of little details still to try and get worked out.) Deana thinks it is not a "foreign body" or "abscess" which is great news! We'll just watch it for a few more days.

Speaking of "the system", we realized that my military ID will expire while I am here. I planned to get it updated before we came here but that obviously happened sooner than we expected. Problem is, it expires on June 10. Second problem is, JB has to be with me to renew it. Third problem is, JB won't be here on a work day with me before June 10. So we are going to have to get POA for me and some special form filled out so that I can get an ID without JB. Ugh!

Back to the topic at hand. Sickness stinks. These little men are so incredibly crabby. I try to remember how I feel when I am sick, but the fighting and crying and running noses, is enough to spin me into a heap on the floor. Elijah has been pushing, hitting, clobbering Isaac whenever I am not looking. This causes mass hysterics from Isaac even when the act is a simple "touch." A lot of drama that's for sure.

However, in the midst of all this "hard" parent stuff, both boys continue to say and do these things that make me laugh. Elijah, for instance has taken to calling me "Mom" all the time now. It's so cute. He is calling Veronica "VeronicaRay" (her full name) all the time now as well. At dinner last night, he told me it was "De-wicious." (Not sure anything I cook fits that description but it was nice to hear nonetheless.)

Isaac still calls Elijah "buddy" but has now taken to "honey" as well, obviously imitating me. It's funny hearing a big brother calling the younger brother "honey." I laugh every time.

There seems to be more understanding of the fact that baby Abigail will be joining us -- especially from Isaac. Today I saw a baby in a stroller and asked Isaac if that was baby Abigail. Isaac looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "No Mommy. Abigail is still in your belly." But he will say things like, "The doctor is going to get Abigail out. Then we will go back to our house. She will go in her swing. Maybe she can ride in Ewijah's car seat." Things like that. Elijah will answer questions. Where is Abigal? You're bewy. Who is going to get Abigail out? The doctor. Are you going to hold baby Abigail when she gets here? No. Are you going to share your toys with her when she gets here? No. That sort of thing.

Swirling among the drama is a lot of smiling and laughing. These little guys are something else. And I love them to pieces.

P.S. I was featured on another blog today. It's a blog written by a gal who lives in Istanbul and shares her perspectives on Turkey. Check it out here.

No comments: