Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm tired!

I'm not tired. It's 4:30am, and I can't sleep. Not sure if it's the irregular (which is a good thing) contractions or just the drama involved with leaving my home for two or more months (and preparing to do so within 24 hours that has me wide awake.)

But while I am awake, Isaac is sound asleep, and happily so. He totally "got" that we were going to Germany. We told him on the way back from the hospital on Tuesday evening. We explained that he would need to go to sleep two times and then we would be going to Germany. He spent that evening and all of the next day saying things like:

"I'm tired. I need a nappy. I need to go night-night. I want to wake up and go to Germany."

It was so sweet. He figured out that sleeping equalled Germany getting closer and closer. I'm not sure he knows why he wants to go to Germany. Maybe it's the airplane. Maybe it's that we told him Joni and Papa and Grama Di will be there. Perhaps it's all the parks we've promised. Maybe it's because Abigail is going to be there (eventually.) Don't know. But it is sweet.

His talking continues to entertain us. Last night he said to JB over dinner, "I want to Germany. There's going to be parks." Only JB couldn't understand him when he said parks as it came out more like pats. Finally, after asking him numerous times what he meant, Isaac said, "Pats Daddy. You know play places!" Ohhhh.

Elijah too is talking like crazy. Stebbs told me of how she had all the boys in the car while I was in the hospital and William was singing a song in his high-pitched "boys choir" voice. Elijah jumped in to help but of course was down about twenty-three octaves. The kid has such a deep, low voice. But he's saying so much more that can be understood and he grunts it and just makes us laugh nearly every time he talks. Some new phrases that emerged just yesterday included, "Give me a minute" and "Hold on." He also continues to say the word "guys" on the end of everything. "Come on guys." "Sit right here guys." Love it!

Anyways, by later this evening we should be in Germany. I will go in immediately to Labor and Delivery to get a good looking at and see what is going on. At this point, we will know more of what is going on. One of the problems here in Turkey is that there are very few people who actually know more, medically than JB, when it comes to OB. There is the Turkish OB. There was this perinatologist. But even the perinatologist gave JB two bits of information while we were there that John knew was just entirely wrong. (One had to do with the fact that they could not test the baby's lungs unless my membranes ruptured which may be the case in Turkey but is incorrect.) These are big things. JB, especially, wants to get me somewhere that we can have people overseeing my care that he trusts completely. He is so anxious to get me to the hospital in Germany. We may get there and be told that I look great and can resume normal activity and we are in no imminent danger of the baby arriving early. We just have no idea. Getting to Germany is the first step. And yes, once I get there, I will stay there, until this little gal does decide to arrive.

If you can pray today that we get there with me healthy that would be great! So blessed we can go together as a family, that I didn't have to take a life-flight and make JB come back on a separate flight to retrieve the rest of the family. So thankful for all the friends who stopped by or called or email yesterday. Blessed to have so many people offer to help with Scrubs and other incidentals. The three bedroom. Finding out we'll have a rental car for part of the time. The medicine (and God) stopping contracts (at least from coming regularly.) We are just blown away in general by how everything is falling together.

Not that I should be surprised by God anymore. He's definitely proven himself completely unpredictable but eternally present in my life at all turns.

11 comments:

Becky said...

Praising God for His many provisions in this situation! I am praying for you.

Faith said...

I am so happy it is all coming together for you. I can't believe how much is happening in such a short time! I will be thinking of you and praying for a healthy arrival in Germany:). Take care!

denise said...

I'm praying for your safe arrival in Germany!

Joy Z said...

Love you Wendi! And we are praying!

Kiley said...

Sending my prayers for a safe flight. I am sure your already in air, but just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you all. I went into early labor with my second and spend the entire time worrying her coming too soon. Hope miss Abigail stays in just a little bit longer.

Hugs
Kiley

Emily said...

You ended your post with a gorgeous turn of phrase: "completely unpredictable but eternally present." How true of our God! Continuing to pray for you and your beautiful family.

Katie Capps said...

Good Luck Wendi!! I can say, having had all THREE of my kiddos prematurely (32 weeks) that it is an incredibly scary situation. Things can and will be ok even when they are this small .. these tiny babies are amazingly resiliant .. sometimes it takes just a little bit of help! The best advice that I can give right now is to listen to your body and REST. I thought I was "just fine" even when I was on bedrest, but looking back there were signs that I should have listened to and just stopped everything. It's hard to be seditary when you have other ones at home and you are used to being on the go, but let JB and all those great people help you so that you can ENJOY these last few WEEKS of pregnancy without worry. God has a plan and He will take care of both of you! Prayers from my family to yours :)

Joy Z said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alana said...

I will be praying for you! So excited for you. :)

David and Lesley said...

HELLO!! I am waiting with baited breath to hear about your arrival in Germany and what the OB says!! Miss you and praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that...unpredictable, but eternally present...thank you for that! Tante Jan xo