Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Dear friends,

I have asked Gabbi to post this message for me since I can't access blogger. She is very good on the web and I know she could do it without any issues. Unfortunately, I can't get on blogger at all. Anytime I try, I get a white screen that says:

Bu siteye erisim mahkeme karariyla engellenmistir.

I worked on translation and asked my friend Rana to confirm, and I am correct. The country has completely banned blogger. I kid you not. Apparently this stems from the fact that some people were putting things on their websites that were copyrighted (soccer game clips etc.) So the country just decided to ban the website altogether. Rana had told me this happened to her over a week ago, but I continued to use blogger with no issues. And then tonight, in the middle of posting, I got this message.

I do not know what this means. I don't know if I can fix it. I don't know what I am going to do. It sounds silly but I really want to ask you to pray. My blog is my lifeline to the other side of the world. I am not sure how I would feel if I could not write it. If people could not read it. If we couldn't share comments. It would be very difficult for me. It may sound silly, but when you live half a world away, losing something "of home" is crushing. I feel crushed right now that I might lose my blog for the next 18 months (or more) that I live here. I think I am going to wait a few days and see if this fixes itself. And then, if it doesn't, I will look into PLAN B options.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully this will work itself out, somehow, at some point. But for now ... we wait.

Wendi

5 comments:

Rachael said...

I think you can set blogger up to email your posts from your email to blogger. Good luck, will pray for a solution for you.

Debbie said...

Rachael has a good idea---or maybe you could switch to wordpress or some other blogging site?

camfox said...

Hi, this is Camille's hubby, Nathan.

A few years ago, when the US ESPN website wouldn't webcast the Olympics, we learned how to watch the Olympics on the UK ESPN website... for free.

Your internet is being blocked, because your server identifies your IP (Internet Protocol) computer signature as being in Turkey. I think that if you were to surf the web through, say, a UK IP address, then blogger wouldn't be blocked. In other words the world would think you were at a computer in the UK, not in Turkey.

We used a program to do just this: "Hide the IP 2010". I'm sure they have updated it by now. It cost us $40 for a year. It might be worth it to you.

This might help you.

By the way, this is all legal.

Anonymous said...

Oh Wen, I so feel your pain...I will be praying like crazy!!This WILL NOT be taken from YOU!!! I am SURE there is a way!!! Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh Wen, I so feel your pain...I will be praying like crazy!!This WILL NOT be taken from YOU!!! I am SURE there is a way!!! Nancy