Thursday, March 31, 2011

Passing the Time

With JB gone, I have found myself quite busy. A few highlights:
  • Tuesday night, Angelica had us over for dinner. Always crazy with four kiddos in the mix, but always wonderful company hanging out with Angelica.
  • On Wednesday evening, we went to the CDC (Child Development Center) on Base for an "open house." They were having science projects in every room. The boys made homemade ice cream, we ate dinner, and we got messy and washed our hands over and over again as we played with more goop and paint and mud than I knew was on the agenda. I'm all for my kids getting dirty but I think just a pile of toys would have done the trick entertainment-wise. Either way, it was fun to see the CDC on the inside. I'd never really looked around in it before. It's a nice place. I'm not planning preschool for the boys while we are in Turkey, but it was nice to see just the same.
  • Today I tried something very new. I tried Zumba. Hmmmm ... exercise mixed with dance. My friend Casey teaches the class so I decided to be fair and see what it was. It was: fun, hard, and humbling all rolled into one. I think I will definitely try it again at some point in the future, but I don't think, no matter how hard I work, that I will ever actually do more than memorize the moves. Actually look like a dancer. Not sure it's possible. Either way, it fit my criteria for exercise because I got my heart rate up and no one blew a whistle at me. (I promised myself I would never answer to a whistle once my last days as a basketball player came to a close.)
  • And of course, my dear friend Becky is coming into town VERY SOON! This will definitely help pass the time until JB returns from the USA.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I have some coupons to send your way ... Can you email your address?

HP Amber
aj2gether@msn.com