Saturday, March 12, 2011

Isaac grows up

As Elijah was trying to grab animals from Isaac's "ark boat," Isaac kept telling him no. Elijah kept not listening, trying to grab the cars too. Finally Isaac said, "Elijah, I told you about that."

***

Isaac was looking in the mirror in the hallway. At some point, he pulled down his lower eyelid and begin studying his eye. A few minutes later he came up to me and said, "Mommy, see that? My eye is bleeding a little." I tried to explain the difference to him between a vein and blood, but I think he was convinced his eye was bleeding.

***

While practicing the States with John using our big map against the wall, Isaac began in the Southeast. "What's that?" JB would ask. "Florida," Isaac would reply. They repeated with "Mississippi. Georgia. Arkansas." Then JB pointed to Texas and said, "What's that?" And Isaac said, "Ummm ... I have to go pee-pee."

***

Today while using the bathroom Isaac gave his usual smile indicating success and then looked down and said, "And Mommy, there are bubbles in the pee-pee."

***

Isaac has started using the word "probably." It's just a normal word, but I love hearing him say it. Yesterday it was, "I think I am probably going to read this book."

***

When I told Isaac he had to apologize to Elijah for knocking his truck off the counter he sighed and said, "I'm sorry about that."

1 comment:

Gabbs said...

Ha ha- the eyelid thing reminds me of Grace when she was younger. She used to pull her eyelids down and say, "blood."