Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Calling All Polar North Wanna Be's!

Okay folks. I have an idea. I've been toying with it awhile and have decided just to "throw it out there."

I have this "idea" to feature a series of posts on the following topic:

"What I want to the world to know about ____________."

I am looking for individuals who are interested in sharing knowledge of THEIR passion. I have my passions. But what is YOUR passion?

Topic ideas could include:
  • A job you have had.
  • A grief you have suffered.
  • A incorrect assumption people have made about you.
  • A Biblical topic your are very knowledgeable about.
  • A place you have visited.
  • A mistake that you made.
  • A fear that you conquered.
Get the idea? A topic may be: "I want the world to know a bank teller is the best job ever." Or: "I want the world to know that losing your mother at a young age is difficult." or "... That spreading a rumor is painful" or "...that living in Texas is the best place ever." Maybe you can share what being a child in a divorce is like. Maybe you can share about your adventures with dieting, extreme sports, mission work, or getting fired.

Really it can be ANYTHING! ANY topic could fit into this. Truly. And if you have your own blog, maybe you just pull an entry you have already written that you think would fit into this concept.

I am asking that you email me (flakymn@hotmail.com) either your blog idea (and I can tell you what I think of it) or the blog entry itself. It can be as short or as long (but maybe not TOO long) as you would like.

I really hope people will participate. I think this would be an awesome way for us to learn some very cool things about some people who read my blog. There are now about 400 visitors to this here blog a day. Surely there are a dozen or so (or more?) who would like to share something they love (or don't love) with all of us?

You can also leave a comment, and I will respond that way as well. C'mon folks. Don't make me beg but please consider participating.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

can we share anonymously? are you able to tell who replys?

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Sure you could do an anonymous "share."

If you don't care if "I" know who it is, you can email it to me and I will post it anonymously.

If you don't want ANYONE to know (including me), then you would have to leave it as a comment that I could then post into a blog.

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Texas IS the best place ever!

Anonymous said...

am thinking about it today Wen...it may take awhile for a good topic to be "the one"...you can remind me in a few weeks if I forget :) Tante Jan

Kiley said...

Wendy,
After many years I have finally finished an article I want to share with the world about my daughter who was born and passed away with Trisomy 18. I truly want to support other families and let them know there is hope. Please, if you could I would love to post on your website. I have been a long time reader of your blog. Please let me know the best way to send you the blog or you can visit my post on my current blog and copy and paste it.

Thanks so much

Kiley Rodrigues

kiley@walkingalready.com
www.kileyandjason.blogspot.com

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Kiley, YES! Please send it to me at flakymn@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,

I read your blog and have been encouraged by some of the Bible verses you've posted. I have a girl that was born with moebius syndrome, I would love to increase awareness about it. I don't have a blog so will have to send it by email or post as a comment. We live in New Zealand. Enjoy this special time with your family adn new bundle of joy.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

From anonymous above, please email me at flakymn@hotmail.com.