Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Things that are currently making me happy ...

1. The movie Letters to Juliet. Quite a nice little romantic comedy. Clean and fun.

2. PF Changs frozen dinners for two. Pretty healthy. Pretty low-cal. Pretty delicious.

3. Saving 25% off my grocery bill with coupons. A $32 savings made me very happy.

4. Internet that works. It's been quite a journey over here. In and out for three days now. I'm behind on everything that I do online. Patience please!

4. Care packages ... oh how I love thee. Got one from an online friend today with tons of coupons and special goodies. People continually ask me what we can use here. I keep trying to think of things I can spell out. There really aren't any food products that we can't get that you could send. (It's the eating out food we miss and you can't mail that.)

But here are a few items that currently on my need list:

  • Maternity shirts, shorts, or capris -- unfortunately I am too tall to have anyone send me pants (and I have gotten them made here in the alley.) But any shirts with long torsos and long enough sleeves (if applicable) are so welcome. Please do not buy anything NEW for me. Used and second-hand is the name of the game. I don't like to spend money on brand new items and that is really all you can find online. (I haven't had much success on Ebay and Craig's is out for me obviously.)
  • Puzzles -- Elijah is addicted to puzzles and they are pretty hard to find online second-hand. Again, please nothing new. Recycled is fantastic. The chunky block puzzles no longer challenge him but a 24-piece puzzle would be too difficult. Things in the range of an alphabet puzzle or a 9-12 piece jigsaw puzzle are appropriate.
  • VHS Tapes -- of popuar shows in the U.S. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is a great one or Tom & Jerry cartoons are currently at the top of our list. I try to keep the selection a bit more scant but I know Bob the Builder would also be popular.

You can email me or post a comment to get my address. Mailing here costs the same as in the USA. If the box is heavy, priority mail is the best way to go.

That's it for now!

1 comment:

grama di said...

Dad taped 2 days of Mickey Mouse club. I will try and get that out this week. Miss you guys!